joecasting

Monday, August 14, 2006

my tv is not well

Saturday night, when I got back from the state fair, my tv started doing what you'll see in the video below. Every minute or so, there were popping sounds, and the picture got distorted. It was like this until, of course, I started to take video of it. The video below is the best example I got of it acting up (it seems to be fine now, and I have no idea why). For the day and half or two days it was doing this I tried to turn it on many times, and cursed myself each time I did because I couldn't watch it or use it at all.

The disconcerting thing is how dependent I am of the tv, not that this is much of a surprise. Turning on the tv is something I don't really think about. If I am going to spend some time around it, I turn it on. I watch it when I make food, eat, do dishes, do homework, plus I play a fair amount of videogames (this is not even including the shows I regularly watch). Perhaps I should steer away from so much use, or is it even a bad thing that I watch/use it whenever I'm around it? Something to think about, at least.



Watch the Video

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home